Friday, November 11, 2011

Letting Go


You don’t get it do you. I don’t think you ever will. I cared. I really did care. Maybe, I cared too much. We were so close but I felt you slip and I couldn’t hold on anymore. I had to let you go. I thought it was the best thing to do. You left with easy. You looked so happy with them so I stood back and pretended to laugh. You would look back and smile and the only thing I could do is smile back. It wasn’t till later that I realized you weren’t only smiling you were asking. Asking me why I let you slip and why I let go. I had to let you shine. I had to let you go. But I lost you and it’s my entire fault. I should have kept you close. But from a distance I wondered if only we could go back. Back to the time were we used to laugh and share secrets and tight hugs. Now all I’m left with is the memory of our last goodbye. When you leaned over and softly whispered “You still owe me a dance”. Maybe one day we will have our dance and then maybe then you will get it. You will get how much I loved you and how much I cared. But till then I hope you don’t forget me because I won’t forget you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment